Thursday, April 17, 2008

rice cooker

I absolutely refuse to buy products MIC!
Remember my hairdryer....well...it is philips brand and horrors, saleman tells me it is MIC.

So as I embark on rice cooker hunt I made a mental note to avoid MIC!

11am
First stop: Best Denki orchard
Having a sale.
Until I got there and only Philips rice cooker was at 10% discount.
I asked salesman got MIJ?
There is a Kirojuska....something like that.
Problem is that Kirojuska has a glass lid.
Now you might say....I will be very careful.
But just take my rice cooker at home, do you know how many times we have dropped that metallic lid?

Second Stop: Paragon
No electronic shops here.
But ate lunch...did you know that the breadtalk branch here carry more exotic bread?
Even the market place has exotic foodstuff....like spinach dip. I was sooooo tempted to buy.

Third Stop: Best and Carrefour at Plaza Sing
I thought I saw a nice display set of SHARP 1L going for 60something.
I took the box but at the cashier, I saw that the box was marked 1.8L.
Sorry, wrong size....so put back.
Headed up to Best.
This Best was different from Best at Taka. They carried a lot of MIC.

Fourth Stop: took a bus to Marina Gain City
Again, only got MIC.
Got MIM! but no stock.

Went over to Suntec, Carrefour
Found a Tiger rice cooker. MIJ!!!! display set has a steamer inside the rice cooker.
Although the price was $150, hey it has steamer and MIJ....fulfilled my expectations.
So went to make payment.
Went home....horrors! no steamer inside.
So took my rice cooker....took a bus.....went back to suntec....6pm.

Returned at Customer Service....got back my money....haha....purchase lasted 3 hours only.

Just my luck, across the shop was Harvey Norman
I specified, I DON"T WANT MIC.
Ok....
only 2 choices here.
Panasonic: MIM & Hitachi MIT
Salesman said Hitachi rice container better material. Will not crust up the rice if you keep warm.
Price 152.

OK.....
I am tired.
I am hungry.
Lets just buy Hitachi.

Not bad:
Hitachi can set to cook rice, mixed rice, sushi, porridge, steam cake, steam food.
Got timer.
I tried out when I got home.....hmmmm....not bad.
Very happy with my hitachi rice cooker.

No comments: