Monday, September 1, 2008

Table...

1st Choice:
Rectangle foldable table from HDB furniture store. 95cm x 63cmx75cm(H)
I checked the one at PP and it costs $45. They do not deliver.
This is the same one that I use at SH for students to do theory in the day; and double up as writing table in my room at night.
The height is right.
The one I use at SH has lasted 15 years and still going strong.
Wood Veneer: light and cheap.
Pros:It is portable; rectangular, light, foldable, CHEAP! Scores high on Functionality and Price.
Cons: It looks CHEAP and UGLY:( Then again, I am putting it in the room and writing tables do not need to look beautiful....


2nd Choice:
The round 80cm foldable teak table from teakland.
Cost: $250 (look for lady boss)
$20 extra for delivery (lady boss quote)
The height is right.
It is foldable!
It will take up less space than the rectangle one. But it is round so space is also wasted putting a round table in a square room.
Teak: durable, hardy. But discolour if under sunlight.
Pros: LOOKS GOOD. Can double up usage in room and balcony.
Cons: This is EXPENSIVE.

3rd Choice:
That $69 table from scanteak....or $49.90 from Carrefour.
Scanteak is having a SALE now!
The height is too low for writing table.
The size is too small for serious use.
It has Holes on the surface....so cannot write on top of it, and things will drop through the holes.
Uses: Can put balcony; put TV in living rm; put rice cooker if cooking in yard.
Cons: Wrong height, wrong size, got holes.

****
Needs vs Wants....
A table is a table is a table.

Verdict:
If KC buy & deliver, go with 1st choice.
If Mary buy & KC deliver, go with 2nd choice.

****
I am conducting a workshop next week.
Right now I have 5 people signed up.
Need to go and check email to see if people signed up there.
This will go into fund for buying table!!!

****
Comex....
And I thought a copier-scanner-printer for under a 100 is ridiculous....I was proven wrong.
I saw 4 items:
1. Epson: cheapes ink only 9.90. BUT bulky. Though a cool black colour. PRICE: $99
2. Canon: ink costs $20 plus. Size more compact. Free wireless headset. PRICE: $99
3. Brother: uses 4 ink cartridges. Bulky. PRICE $88
4. HP: the $99 only prints, cannot scan and copy.

Final choice: epson.....but when I went there, the guy couldn't get the printer to print a sample for me to see.
Final purchase: Canon!!!!!

No comments: