Monday, August 25, 2008

Table....

Table....
My sister said to me, 'you still looking for table?'

Oh....I am always looking for things to beautify my home. But these days I shop like an auntie because I don't want to buy white elephants to put in my house.
Have to consider:
1. Is it worth the $$$
2. Am I going to utilise it
3. Is it durable
4. Is it cheap but not cheap looking
5. Is it difficult to CLEAN!!!!!
6. Is this a novelty....5 days from now....am I still thinking of that item...or once I have acquired the object...the object will loose it's appeal?

Every object is an investment of love, thought and consideration.
I don't believe in buying something at the spur of the moment and then chucking it aside....or get tired of it and change furniture every 5 years.

Then there is the opportunity cost...
I take $$$ out to buy something....I incur an opportunity cost that this $$$ can be used elsewhere.

My Sister....who is the cerebral one...said....
No need to think.
You like just buy.

Then I read my friend's facebook and she was blogging about how a donation of stoma bags to a sick elderly made that person very grateful. On and on the list read....this elderly needs tv. That elderly needs bedsheets. Someone needs a walking stick. So happened friend was online....so I asked her....she said the cheapest donation was $20 for the walking stick....and the most expensive is $600 for the tv.

****
Well this is the deal then....
If friend emails me of a need that outways the cost of that foldable table, that means the $$$ is needed elsewhere.
If my share price goes wayyyyyyyyy up.....then I can get both the table and fulfil someone's charity need.
If charity need does not arise....then I will put $$$ on the table.

And if in doubt then don't make any move.
Right now....it is hanging on to 'DON'T MOVE'

No comments: